Friday, February 03, 2006

Successful People and Successful thinking

I've been thinking a lot lately about the corellation between thinking successfully and having a successful life. Success is an interesting idea. That we can set our sights on something, decide that we're going to get there, work, and get there. You can't be successful without all the components being there. You really can't be successful without having a sequence of successful days in a row.
So to be successful, you have to find the motivation within yourself to do what you know you should everyday.
I've worked with all kinds of different people. The kind who work just to work. The job is easy, the pay is good, so they just come in and do what they should. Its not about moving up, or getting raises, or impressing people, its just about the grind. (Snooze, I couldnt handle that) Then there have been others who start at the bottom and make it their mission to move up. They work hard. They improve themselves. They kiss a little hiney. And then there have been the kinds of people who want more, but there's always something holding them back. It always seems to be something they can't control. "Oh well, so and so is doing it," Or "I'm too small to make a difference," or "I'll never get promoted, so and so doesnt like me enough." I hate working with thes people...I think I'm NATURALLY one of these people. Everything and everyone has a mission and their mission is to step on me to get where they want.
Well, it used to be me...If I let myself go, it becomes me.
But there's another type of coworker, the type I LONG to be...Its the kind that cares about the people they work with. They care about the people they work for. They care about customers, about coworkers, about integrity in their work. They move up the ranks and bring everyone else with them too. Everyone else doesnt come too because they're buds with this kind of coworker, but because that person made them better. They made them stronger. They inspired them to be more.
Dang if I don't want to be that kind of leader.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VOTE for PANCHO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home