Monday, February 13, 2006

Well it's official

I've been "corporatized." Last week I worked late two of five days, worked 8 hours on Sunday, stayed till 630 tonight and actually brought work home. I haven't brought work home since I was an English teacher. Its not that I've not gotten behind at my current job, or not had the capability of bringing it home...I just haven't cared enough...

But today I sat in a supervisor chair...and said supervisory things....

I think I'm addicted.

I wanna be more.

I also won an Ipod nano....FLIPPIN SWEET! I've downloaded some audiobooks and been able to use it as a real motivator to get me to work harder. As I type now, I'm listening to John C Maxwell tell me about how Jimmy Carter exemplified the 16th of the 21 irrefutable laws of leadership...mm...
I also bought a book that I haven't read for a while...The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey...Its unbelieveable how simple and complicated money can be. I've been on the long road out of debt for a while now and I think its finally stuck. Especially after hearing Dave say that if I just stick with it for a while, live like no one else does, that later, I can live like no one else. Dang...what a good book.
My financial future is looking up. Debt free before the end of the year...20,000 in savings before the end of 08 and enough money to pay cash for a home (yeah, you read that right) by my 33rd birthday. To own a house, flat out, by my 33rd birthday is the goal. According to this system, and the tens of thousands of people who've done it...Its possible. The great thing about the makeover is, its not a get rich quick scheme...33 is a ways off, and I'm not planning on buying some outrageously expensive first home. Its just based on the idea that your income is really your biggest asset. Its hard, and its honest. You don't have to be savvy, or strategic, you just have to be purposeful.
I'm SO feeling purposeful.
For example...Thursday is payday. Usually by now, I've spent every penny of my paycheck and rataionalized the savings out of my budget..(dexter needs this, I really need a new this, i deserve to splurge) But this time its not about that...its bigger. I know that if I can just hold my horses...later...and not too long from today...I'll be able to do so much more...

Like maybe even retire a millionaire.

mmm...

millionaire.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger DEBTective said...

Just wanted to say I'm big-time proud of you for working to deep-six your debt, Dave Ramsey style! Dave's plan makes tons of sense, doesn't it? Way to go on the dough, baby! www.debtective.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home